College and University Student Assistance Programs
Student Assistance Programs can vary from one vendor to the next. There are a number of excellent vendors that AffinityCare has worked with that can help you design and implement a student assistance program that can supplement and enhance a schools existing resources to whatever level will best meet that school’s needs. With Covid-19 complicating all aspects of delivering education both on campus and remotely, know that there are organizations that can assist you.
Example of Services:
- Students given access to a 24/7 free, confidential service
- Assistance can be made available via toll-free phone, e-mail, video, or instant messaging
- Face-to-face and/or telephonic counseling services
- Online counseling
- Access to a multidisciplinary network of counselors
- Website tools and self-help resources for students not ready to reach out to student assistance counselors for assistance yet.
- Resources and referral services for childcare, legal concerns and financial coaches to help address a student’s financial stressors
Why Offer a Student Assistance Program?
- Students struggle with peer pressure, loneliness, relationship problems, stress, depression, anxiety, and now Covid-19 related challenges
- Tuition and other expenses often raise financial stress
- Students face an increased need to balance multiple responsibilities
- Higher-learning institutions have a duty of care responsibility to support their student populations, ensuring their health and well-being while managing risk